Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Calotriton asper habitat ( Andorra, Pyrenees).

PereJosa

Reaction score
Hello.

I like show some pics about Calotriton habitat.

Calotriton habitat; 1960 metres high.

file_5194.jpg

file_5189.jpg

file_5200.jpg

file_5199.jpg

file_5203.jpg

file_5202.jpg

Last edited:

PereJosa

Reaction score
file_5197.jpg

Other amfibian's in the same habitat;

Salamandra salamandra
file_5195.jpg

file_5196.jpg

Rana temporaria

file_5193.jpg

file_5191.jpg

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, man, i'm so jealous....not just of the newts, but also of the wonderful sites! So much interesting stuff to see there.
The pictures are wonderful, thank you so very much for sharing them with us.

PereJosa

Reaction score
I forget some photos, but at this area i'm not see Calotriton, only Rana temporaria, many temporaria's.

file_5190.jpg

file_5201.jpg

file_5192.jpg

otolith

Reaction score
Thank you for posting these, they are absolutely beautiful. A rare treat, and lovely to see them in the wild.

supergrappler

Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful scenery and caudate habitat. It is so fascinating to see what it looks like in other parts of the world. Thank you for sharing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1