Need suggestions

rivkah

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello

I have too many empty tanks.... never a good idea!
So, I set up these 35g hex tank (18x18x21H), complete with waterfall and pond.(total water volume is approximately 4gallon, but the pond is more like 8 inch diameter and 2 1/2 inches deep. (not enough for aquatic newts) (hopefully I figured out how to add photos)

Currently I do have
a pair of tarhaicha granulosa in a 90g (see picture)
a breeding colony of notophthalmus viridescens living in a 50g
a group of cynops orientalis living in a 20g long.
as well as assorted toads, frogs and fishes.
and I culture most of the live foods I feed (isopods, fruit flies, springtails)

yes, I know I did this backwards.... should decide on critter first then build the appropriate housing... but... I am at a complete loss as to what to put in it. Too many choices!!!!

I am open to any and all suggestions.

Thank you

Attachments

• Photo08210928.jpg
    Photo08210928.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 330
  • Photo09121837.jpg
    Photo09121837.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 322
  • Photo09121828.jpg
    Photo09121828.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 286
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back