Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Bombina orientalis juveniles

Pugnator

Reaction score
A little suggestion, remove uneaten cricket because if they are very hungry they can become very dangerous to the bombinae(even if the cricket are very very little). A bombina of my friend got one eyes "destroyed" by an hungry little cricket. Anyway the Terrarium should be mostly water with only a little portion of heart. Just a bowl isn't enough. If you give to them just a bowl of water they will live shorter, not reproduce and be less active and be much more stressed. Sorry for my bad english.

Pugnator

Reaction score
One moment, I've just reseen photos and the bowl seem deep to me. How many cm it is deep ?

Last edited:

natterjack

Reaction score
A little suggestion, remove uneaten cricket because if they are very hungry they can become very dangerous to the bombinae(even if the cricket are very very little). A bombina of my friend got one eyes "destroyed" by an hungry little cricket. Anyway the Terrarium should be mostly water with only a little portion of heart. Just a bowl isn't enough. If you give to them just a bowl of water they will live shorter, not reproduce and be less active and be much more stressed. Sorry for my bad english.
I would imagine it is a temporary home for holding the juveniles, making it easier to ensure they are eating well and growing on rather than it being a permanent home for adults to live and reproduce in

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!