The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 17th December 2015   #1
AristotleA

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: AristotleA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Axolotls+Aquaponics=Axoponics?

Hello there. I'm interested in Aquaponics and I already have an aquarium, so I'm half way there right?

Well... maybe not, but I am on my way. And I am pretty sure that my axolotl and the fish produce sufficient amounts of fertilizer (ammonia>nitrite>nitrate) to support a plant or two and as they would filter out some (hopefully most) of the nitrates, my required water changes would surely go down and I could have some free time and maybe even grow something nice. (possible edible or ornamental)

Has anyone on here had any experience with Aquaponics and has anyone implemented such a system on an axolotl tank?

AristotleA is offline   Reply With Quote