Breeding pair ambystoma tigrinum

the javat

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi all! :)

Well I put this message , that you tell us some more advice the experts, and by the way, I teach these beautiful urodeles , owned by a friend ;)

It is a partner, and in fact we believe that the female is pregnant , because this quite fat and hard .... The male goes but when pulverize the terrarium , or watered , but the female is in her hiding place will be quite some time ... pregnant? you believe? :p

If anyone can advise would be great ^^

It keeps in a terrarium of a fully terrestrial 80L , but with a small water part , not very deep. Hiding places, some natural plant logs, moss, etc .. jejeje

I hope you like the pictures! :D

Male!
i71ic3.jpg

2wdvk8y.jpg

Female!
smeelz.jpg

20i9yec.jpg

Couple!
219574m.jpg

Beautiful salamanders, yes it's a pair,

they are according to me A.mavortium melanostictum,

Tiger salamanders can be fat, it's difficult to tell if a female is "pregnant",

they breed in water after a cool resting at low temperatures...

Thank you for the answer! ;)

I know it's difficult, but I thought someone could help me.

just wait and see what happens :D Regards

They tend to imprint on the ponds they hatch in and return to breed there every year, It is a beautiful pair though!

Thank you very much for the advice.
I hope to get lucky :)

I am hoping that my group of tigers will breed this year. I have kept them in an outdoor enclosure now for around six months.
http://www.caudata.org/forum/f1173-...vortium-spp-etc/90898-ambystoma-tigrinum.html

The females are looking quite gravid now. I have seen one of the males in the water over the last week, unfortunately he is not one of the group that I want to breed so he has now been moved into his own enclosure for a little while.

This is a post written by the breeder of my animals,

http://www.caudata.org/forum/f1173-...3-ambystoma-tigrinum-successful-breeding.html

Attachments

• 20151219_130404.jpg
    20151219_130404.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 395
  • 20151219_130418.jpg
    20151219_130418.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 373
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back