The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

FS: United Kingdom (just UK) This section exists due to the large number of UK Caudata.org users. Please only advertise in this section if you will not send animals within the European Union. Otherwise please use the EU section.

Old 25th February 2016   #1
Morg
(morg)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 1
Rep: morg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Outdoor raising Yorkshire England

Have two plastic water tanks in my yard that have been invaluable to me through the years for raising newt larvae.
One is around four foot long, the other a bit smaller.
Once set up they are just like ponds and will teem with small aquatic critters, meaning larvae released into them won't need feeding until they get to the bloodworm,white work stage, if at all, I once raised just under a hundred alpine larvae in my largest one and didn't add food once.
Alternatively they could be sunk into the ground as small ponds to put goldfish in?.
Also I have a plastic water tank at around 3 foot or so that has drainage holes drilled into the bottom to be used as an outdoor amphibian enclosure( I'm afraid it will need a new lid making)
This one has been used for salamanders, bufo and triturus newtlets,,( at different times)
If anybody can make use of these and can collect from ROSSINGTON near Doncaster, contact me , if nobody can take them they will have to go into a skip

www.punkradiocast.com/
morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2016   #2
Morg
(morg)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: morg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: Outdoor raising Yorkshire England

Add to the above list a preformed solid plastic four foot pond with planting shelf for marginal plants and small shelf at one corner about 6 inch down underwater when filled.
You would need to help me get this out of the ground though as I'm an old wreck so won't be able to get it out myself.

http://www.veganfitness.net/viewtopi...&t=723&start=0
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

www.punkradiocast.com/
Old 10th March 2016   #3
Morg
(morg)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Default Re: Outdoor raising Yorkshire England

The pond and two water tanks now gone, that just leaves the water tank with drainage holes in the bottom that can be used as a terrestrial enclosure

www.punkradiocast.com/