Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Super Excited to be Here!

IniDare

Reaction score
Hello all, and thank you so much for letting me join!

My name is Molly, and I am a budding future axolotl owner.
I am disabled, and live at home with my mother and brother. I have two budgies, who are more family pets than my own. We also have two dogs.
I have been doing loads of research, joined a group on FaceBook, and fallen in love with this little amphibian. I have also found a breeder near me who is very helpful and willing to offer mature media as well as a 6 month or older Axi. As a first timer I don't feel ready for a baby yet...
I am currently waiting for some money to arrive so I can start looking for a second hand tank and stand that the owner is willing to deliver, as we unfortunately have a tiny car.

I can't wait for my little Axi, who will probably be named Cecil or Phoenix.

I'm confident this forum will be a gold mine of information on my chosen little one.

emdalliance

Reaction score
Hi and welcome! Cecil is a lovely name! Make sure you ask any questions you have, we are happy to answer any questions :) x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donna001

Reaction score
Hi Molly, welcome to the forum.
I have found the people here to be amazing. They have so much experience and are so friendly and helpful. I spent months lurking as a guest before I got my first axolotls, which I got from a pet shop in Essex that had some coppers available.
It's great that you have managed to find someone who is prepared to provide mature media, it will be fantastic for cycling your tank. Any problems with obtaining media just let me know, I'm in Cambridgeshire and am also happy to provide media.

What size tank are you looking for? Are you looking for any particular colour and/or brand?My axolotl gang have recently been upgraded from 2 tanks into one large one, and I am in the process of reorganising my fish tanks to upgrade some fish into the old axolotl tanks, so everyone is on the move. If you let me know what size tank you are looking for I'll see what I have available after the big reorganisation. :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!