Question: Walter and Banana Worm

Galaxy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe this should have been posted in the "Foods" forum, but, it concerns rearing baby Axies. I have had 3 lots of BBS fail, 2 normal eggs and 1 decapsulated. I am now waiting for the Hobby Artemia Hatcher to arrive. Meanwhile I have 20 hatchlings to feed, luckily both the Walter and Banana cultures are teeeming with worms. I have never used these before so, my question is ; How do you clean all the oaty/yukky gunk off them before feeding to the babies? They are the smallest worms I could buy and so far I have found no way of washing them clean. I would appreciate any help please.Thanks.

With white worms, I scoop them out with their dirt and put them in a container with so much water added to the dirt that they climb up the side of the container to get away from all that water, then I just scoop them off the side of the container. I don't know what you raise these worms in so not sure if this method would work though. Good luck.

Thanks for thr reply Otterwoman. My little ones haven't reached the Whiteworm stage yet , hence these other worms.These type live in a yukky gunky runny oatmeal sloppy stuff. They too climb up the sides of the tubs but take all the crud with them, they are the size of BBS and a nightmare to clean off. The new BS hatchery arrived today so hopefully I should have BBS shortly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back