New daddy of the axie (please help)

mineiscalledexo

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hey, i have been wanting an axie for about 3 years and 2 days ago i finally got one its super cute and it is a green/black colour.
The people in the shop that i got it from did not know how old it was but they said he isnt 1 year old yet and they also did not know wether it was a boy or a girl.
Now i bought a tank wich is 100 litres and designed the inside myself since i have been wanting an axie for so long im a bit overexcited hehe.
So the tank looks great and had an build in filter wich broke down as soon as i put the water in so i immidiately went to a shop and bought a new filter for the waterflow i also bought a tempature meter (sorry for the bad english i am from holland but i am trying my best)
I have been giving him those cubes you put in the fridge with little worms in them and i also give him living shrimps because thats what the person in the shop gave to me.
The problem i am having though is that the water is 21 celcius ( around 74F i think) and that is too high from what i have read, i closed the curtains i took off the lid and also placed my standing fan above the tank to cool it but it does not change anything, beside that my axie's left gills are a little bit white eventhough they are supposed to be red, it is not much but a little is red and since i only had my baby for 2 days im a bit scared, i also turned off the light in the tank because it might turn the water warmer and stress out my axie. I have a bottle in the fridge wich i will put in the water to see if something changes. I read about a cooler but the rponlem is that im 18 i dont have a job and spend over 600£ on everything for the aquarium and pump and food etc i dont have more then 30£ left and i am really worried, my axie is acting fine though like nothing is going on i just dont want my axie to get ill, any help is welcome please

Thanks for the reply and yeah i have been doing that the past 2 days but none of them have the exact same circumstances as i have and i want to be 100% sure what to do and not make a mistake because my tank might be different or something like that

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back