Columnaris?

zostara

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hello everyone!

So, about a week ago i bought my first three axolotls. I got one black one from a breeder and two from a pet store. The two from the pet store have some weird white sport at their tail and in their gills. I am really afraid that this is columnaris.

Does anyone know what this is and if this is harmfull for them?

(Some extra information)
My water levels are stable and i think they are okay.
(pH 7,2 - kH 3 - Fe 0,05 mg/l - NH4 0 - NH3 0,009- Cl 0 - NO2 0 - NO3 8 mg/ml)

Here are some pictures of Jon (the black one wich i think s healthy) Hodor (the green one) and Cercei ( the yellow one )

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 739
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    530.3 KB · Views: 278
  • image2 (1).jpg
    image2 (1).jpg
    427 KB · Views: 239
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    614.5 KB · Views: 239
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 238
That looks like irradophores. It looks like normal markings. I see nothing wrong with them in the pictures.

Looks like the normal patterning to me. Why don't you go and google search culminaris in axolotls? And go to images.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back