Making Clothes for Toad/Salamander

nixisanalien

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I wanted to dress up my pet toad and salamander in clothes and take a little photoshoot. I have been able to find a total of zero resources on this online -- I am surprised that nobody's tried this before!

I understand that handling amphibians can stress them out, but I doubt that putting clothes on them and taking pictures of them for 10 minutes will do any harm to them -- they'll go right back in their nice, dark, and moist tank afterwards.

What I want to know is what types of fabric are nontoxic, will they itch, etcetera etcetera.

(also, I haven't been on in years so please don't get a n g e r y if I'm not posting this in the right place.)

Sorry, but I just don't understand why you would want to do this. The stress this would cause cause your poor animals would be huge.

As Julia says, it is a terrible idea to dress up amphibians. They are extremely sensitive and you would really hurt them. If you're trying to do something seasonally cute/funny, do it in Photoshop.

I would go with a strong no on this. Their skin is really sensitive and is a main source of respiration. I would definitely not advise this.

OH my God! I literally spit out my coffee in laughter reading this! Imagining a salamander or newt in little tiny sweaters and hats just cracks me up. Would I ever do this... no. But in my mind the image of it is just too damn funny.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back