The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

General Discussion For general enclosure/vivarium-related discussions.

Old 29th November 2017   #1
bhill368

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: bhill368 has shown reliable knowledge
Default Lighting Question.

Hi! I have a couple Blue Spots and would like to add a little lighting to my enclosure. They are currently in a terrestrial tank with a live moss substrate. The tank I acquired came with an aquarium hood with lights. I was wondering if that light source would be healthy for them. I know they like dark and cool environments, so I wasn't sure what kind of lighting aquarium hoods give off. Is there a certain kind of light I can purchase for the hood that is friendly for them? I plan on turning it off at night to keep their light cycles normal for them. Let me know what you all think!

bhill368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2017   #2
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Lighting Question.

Fluorescent lights are cooler. They have LED lights now for tanks at reasonable prices.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote