Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My introduction! :)

vaporware

Reaction score
Hello!!

I'm Vaporware, and as of writing this, I'm a 17 year old female living in Michigan!
I come to this site all the time, however, I never made an account until just yesterday and I'm so happy to finally be a member! I love creating art, as well as making cosplays. (cosplaying is when you go out dressed up as a character from a book, TV show, movie,
video game, etc. (90% of the time with friends so you don't seem too crazy) and usually walk around at a convention and show your appreciation for the character, the show, video game, book, etc.. I admit that it seems quite odd to an outsider, but it's incredibly fun, and most people that do this sort of thing are generally kind people!)

However, I did not come here for cosplay or art, I came here for the amphibians!
I currently own a single leucistic axolotl named Peaches, and he is my very first one. :) I'm super excited to have him and learn tons along the way! (don't worry, I did TONS of research before getting him)

If you actually read all of this, thank you for reading my small essay! I really appreciate it and I hope to see you all around!

vaporware

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I can edit this post, but I also wanted to make it clear that I do not condone vaping! I discourage the use of drugs of any kind, especially underage!! Most people think that I am referencing vaping upon seeing my name, however if you were to google my name, the definition of vaporware provided by google is: "software or hardware that has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed.".
Just wanted to let people know so I can help keep this site family friendly!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1