The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

Old 9th December 2017   #1
Tess
(Alioth)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 12
Comments: 0
Rep: Alioth has started on the right path
Default What colour is this larvae

Mother is leucistic, her parents are leucistic x wild type or golden albino. Her siblings were wild type and leucistic. Father is golden albino , his parents are golden albino X golden albino. His siblings were golden albino and albino.

I have dark larvae but also some that have a beige color ( not white!) and i see no eyes. Picture below show a dark larvae with black eyes and in front a lighter one with no visible eyes. It is the light one i am interested in.

Click the image to open in full size.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Alioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2017   #2
Biev

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 1
Rep: Biev has given good advice and informationBiev has given good advice and informationBiev has given good advice and information
Default Re: What colour is this larvae

I can't get the picture to load, but if you're not seeing eyes, then you have an albino.

Biev is offline   Reply With Quote