The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Old 9th January 2018   #1
Aesyir

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Aesyir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plastic Barbed fitting safe??

Hello I am in the process of making a spraybar and I needed a barbed fitting to join my vinyl tube and pvc. I went to Home Depot and found a plastic barbed fitting. when I got home I noticed some text on the back, that says: "This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.". I'm thinking thats some red flags if I have ever saw one but I just want to make sure because im not really in the mood to go online and buy a pvc one. Thank you for your time.

EDIT: I have noticed alot of fake aquarium plants have this warning too not sure what that means though.

Aesyir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2018   #2
Aesyir

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Aesyir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Plastic Barbed fitting safe??

I did some research and supposedly it conforms to nsf 61 which means its safe for drinking water I think... if thats the case i guess its fine? What do you guys think?

Aesyir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, newt, plastic, plastics