The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Old 21st January 2018   #1
Diane
(Beatlesfan1)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Beatlesfan1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about my axolotl

H, my name is Diane Cardwerr and have had many axolotls over the years. I love them alot. The 2 I have now I've had since they were Itty bitty. Just recently I noticed my dark colored one has developed a round black spot over his eye.makes him look like a pirate. Nobody seems to know if it's a problem or if it has something that will hurt or kill him. Please if anyone knows what's happening to him I would greatly appreciate the help. He seems alright as far as his health. He eats good and doesn't seem to be in distress.
Thank you for any help.
A lover of Axolotls Diane Cardwell.

Beatlesfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018   #2
Chinadog

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11
Default Re: Question about my axolotl

Hi, welcome to the site! :)

A picture would help, but I have seen dark/black areas appear on my dark/wild type axies in the past and never known it cause problems. I don't honestly know what causes it though.

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote