The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Off-Topic Many people have requested an area of the forum in which to discuss topics not directly related to the rest of the forum (such as newt and salamander art).

Old 26th January 2018   #1
LittleLotti
(LittleLotti)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: LittleLotti is an unknown quantity at this point
Question What do you do with your deceased axolotls???

So first off let me say my axolotls are all in good health. ^.^ But my oldest girl (white Albino) who i bought as a larvea is now 10 years old!!

So it just occured to me I have no idea what to do with her once she passes away. (Hopefully not for another 5 years or so!!) What do you do with your axolotls once they pass away??

LittleLotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2018   #2
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: What do you do with your deceased axolotls???

I don't have axies but I have a backyard where I bury everything. Cats, ferrets, snakes, salamanders, newts. All end up in the Fairy Garden.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2018   #3
auntiejude
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Rep: auntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: What do you do with your deceased axolotls???

Freeze the body first to ensure any pathogens are killed, then you can bury it. Many people have a special place for pet burials, or use a plant pot and plant a memorial plant.

Old 4th February 2018   #4
LittleLotti
(LittleLotti)

Nationality:
Rep: LittleLotti is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: What do you do with your deceased axolotls???

Thank you both for your replies, we move house a lot for my husband's work so I love the idea of putting her in a plant pot so she can stay with us 😍

LittleLotti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, axolotls, burial, dead, old age