The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Old 27th January 2018   #1
jnalexander8

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: jnalexander8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New filter

I have a 20 gallon tank and 2 axolotls, and I want to buy a canister filter for them because of their better ability to filter the water. What is the best canister filter that I can get for under $125?

jnalexander8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2018   #2
Blackbun

Nationality:
Rep: Blackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Re: New filter

Hello, I use external filters and wouldnít be without them. Currently Fluval and Eheim. They might be slightly above your budget but give it a consideration. They come in a number of sizes. Very easy maintenance. In side the units there are three sub sections (the larger ones have four) one I fill with fibre to catch large particulate matter and the other two are set up for the bacteria to work their wonders on the nitrogenous wastes. I even go one step further and put the water through a uv unit too which serves to kill off any microbes in the water. It can all add up price wise but Iíve got a fantastic collection of axolotls which Iíve buikt up and to replace them all wound cost a lot more than these filters. Have a read on the tropical fresh water fish forums. Good luck.

Blackbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2018   #3
jnalexander8

Nationality:
Rep: jnalexander8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New filter

By any chance do you know the name of your filters and equipment? I just want to check them out

jnalexander8 is offline   Reply With Quote