The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

Old 2nd February 2018   #1
AG9

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: AG9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Female Axolotl spawning puss, looking pale. Help!

Hello. I recently bred my female melanoid to my male albino. They have bred in the past, but this time when shes spawning she looks pale and puss is coming out. Its white like the spermatophore, Im worried about her. She is eating and acting pretty normal but I am concerned. This has not happened before and I am still new to spawning. I though she was dead when I came in and saw this. Could it be that she just picked up a new spermatophore and it is hanging out? She looked so pale and gray, not black, that I thought shes died. I am removing the male ASAP, she does not need to breed more. Any advice is helpful.

Tags
axolotl spawn, breeding, spawning