The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Old 2nd February 2018   #1
Shayxoxoxox

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Shayxoxoxox is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation What do I clean a tank with before filling it with water ?

Not sure if Iím in the right section but Iím getting an Axie in a few days!! Iím am putting it in a 10 gallon until I adjust to the motions and can upgrade to bigger. Just curious as to what I can clean the new tank with before filling it with water ?? Although itís new Iím a bit neurotic and would like to clean it again! I know you canít use chemicals etc

Shayxoxoxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2018   #2
Chinadog

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11
Default Re: What do I clean a tank with before filling it with water ?

Hi, welcome to the site! :)
I always clean tanks with vinegar and a plastic scouring pad and then rinse a few times with lots of water and dry with kitchen roll. It's something I was taught as a kid by the guy that ran our local tropical fish shop and it removes almost all stains/scale/salt build up etc from used tanks, but I always clean new tanks this way as well.
For the outside of the tank, he also taught me that neat vinegar polished off with old newspaper really makes the glass sparkle, which is handy at our house due to the amount of Shar pei slobber that always seems to land on the cleanest surfaces! ;) :)

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote