The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Old 6th February 2018   #1
Marvelous Hunt
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Marvelous Hunt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Edsal Shelf for my Aquarium

I was planning to buy a 40 gallon breeder during Petco's $1/gallon sale.

I was so certain I was going to buy one, that I purchased a Edsal 36"W x 18"D x 72"H shelving unit to use as a stand.

Once I got there, I realized that a glass tank was much too heavy to lift by myself. I bought a SeaClear 40 gallon acrylic tank instead.

The SeaClear tank measures 36"W x 15"D x 16"H. This is 3" less in depth than a 40 gallon breeder.

Will the Edsal shelves support my new tank? It won't be a flush fit and I'm concerned that because of that the tank won't have the support it needs. Each shelf will hold up to 800 pounds...which is more than enough. My concern is that the tank won't be flush with the metal supports and will be using the plywood base for some, if not most, of it's support.

Marvelous Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote