The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store

General Discussion & News from Members Post won't fit elsewhere? Post here! This is also the ideal place for your own news, information on books, amphibians in the media, and off-topic posts.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: RoreyRoreyRorey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Neoteny and Cannibalism in Tiger Salamanders

Hi! Iím new to this site. Recently Iíve taken an interest in Tiger Salamanders, and more specifically, their epigenetic traits. I was wondering if anyone here knows if it possible for a Tiger Salamander to possess the cannibalistic traits while displaying Neoteny? If so that would be fascinating! I doubt the genes would be passed on because it would likely continue to eat larvae throughout its life, but it would still be interesting to find out. If anyone here is able to answer this question, I would very much appreciate it.

RoreyRoreyRorey is offline   Reply With Quote

tiger salamander larvae