Number of Axolotl for this Aquamaxx tank

rilakkon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Melody
It's 22 gallons so is only okay for one axolotl. If you want 2 then you'll need to get a 30 gallon :)

I agree with Hayley. Or get the largest tank you're able to afford and keep just in case you want to get more axxies.

A note when getting a new tank for an axolotl, it's not the amount of gallons , it's the foot print of the tank. A shallow wider tank is better than narrower taller tank.

@KingFisher

okay sounds good! This tank is a long tank of 36'' so I was wondering with that length it would have been possible for 2 but getting 1 is good enough for me :)

You might be fine for 2. I have a 38" x 18" x 18", 50 gallons and I have 2. Remember they can get up to 12" long.

two axolotls in a 20 long will be fine if you have good biological filtration, balance the tank, keep cool, and don't overfeed. The basic rule I go by is 10 gallons minimum per axolotl

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back