Question: Aqua One Horizon 130 Styleline Aquarium

StormWolf

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
John
Hi everyone, been a while since I have been on but I'm here now. Anyway I want to know if anyone has a Aqua One Horizon 130 Styleline? I'm also interested in possible having a planted aquarium for my Axie. What Substrate would be best for this and what plants are suitable for Axies. Many Thanks :happy:

Any floating plants work. I use hornwort and duckweed. Plants that can be mounted onto wood or large rocks like Java Fern and all Anubis are very attractive There are many choices out there. Just find plants that like cool hard water.

I myself prefer bare bottom tanks. There is much discussion about substrate. You want to avoid things that can be swallowed and cause digestive blockage. Gravel is a possible problem though many people have not had problems. Smaller axies are more likely to hurt themselves on gravel.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back