Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

How to start and where

P

phil

I want to get a semi-terrestrial or if I need to an aquatic. I also want the salamander/newt to look like a lizard like w/o the gills and stuff like that. I have a 10 gallon tank. I need some help on what salamander/newt to get and if I can find a breeder/distributor in the Oakland County, Michigan area, because I don't want to go to the pet store for one.(I've heard bad things) Anything would help...thanks

J

jennifer

Phil, it's unlikely that you will find a breeder in your area. Possible, but unlikely. There are too few of them. It would help if you could narrow down the kinds of newts you'd be interested in.

Most likely, you will either have to (1) get them from a pet store, or (2) get them as juveniles and raise them up. Keep an eye on the for-sale ads on this site, and see what kinds of things are (sometimes) available.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!