The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

General Discussion & News from Members Post won't fit elsewhere? Post here! This is also the ideal place for your own news, information on books, amphibians in the media, and off-topic posts.

Old 18th July 2003   #1
travis

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I am thinking about stepping up and buying a quality digital camera in the $250-$350 range.If anyone has some reccomendations on a good camera for all around use then please let me know about it.
Preferably I would like the camera to be good for up close pictures but it would also be nice if it could take panoramic shots.I am really pretty clueless when it comes to cameras so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Travis

Old 18th July 2003   #2
fra

Gallery Images:
Comments:

i can recommend you the one i have, a Nikon Coolpix 850. it is powerful, pocket and professional though quite simple to use.
don't know anything about other brands, so i can't compare, but Nikon cameras're a guarantee for optical components for both reflex and digital.
850 doesn't exist anymore, because they've redesigned the serie, now it's called 3000 or something similar... anyway, they've also brought down prices (sigh, bad news for me! Click the image to open in full size.) so you'll certainly find a model for that range of price.
uh, forgot to say: the camera has a built in option for taking close-up picture, and for panoramic you can buy a wide-angle lens.

Old 21st July 2003   #3
geo

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I use a Ricoh RDC7 which has the ability to focus down to 10mm - don't know anything else to touch it. On a web site I've just done at www.pondwatch.org.uk you'll see loads of photos taken with that camera.

Hope this helps.

Old 21st July 2003   #4
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Any of the upper Nikon Coolpix range.

Old 22nd July 2003   #5
travis

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Thanks for all the advice.A good camera has been a much needed purchase item for me for some time.
-Travis

Tags
camera, digital, recommendations

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 8th April 2018, 20:22 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.