The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Old 17th March 2004   #1
justin slate
(justin)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: justin has shown reliable knowledge

ive had my 2 baby male japanese firebelly newts. i feed one of my firebellys first while feeding him the other one comes up and they start to fight. any other time of the day there fine but when i feed them they turn into the most vicious newts ive ever seen. what should i do during feeding time.}

justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2004   #2
elizabeth

Gallery Images:
Comments:

<font color="ff6000">Very common in many salamanders. Are these Cynops pyrrhogaster or orientalis? I don't like changing surroundings to feed, so I suggest feeding each with tongs in different locations of the tank. You could slip each one a worm while the other isn't looking. You could also put separate piles of bloodworms or live worms in two parts of the tank and guide one to each. Usually frozen bloodworms defrosted in water will go all over the bottom, so each could have their own feast.</font>

Tags
baby, fighting, newts