How to keep blood worms i bought for my newt alive ?

S

sandra

I bought them from a pet store today. I put the bag they came in, in the refrigerator. Do i have to add any food for them to eat ? What else do i have to do to keep them alive until my fire belly newt has eaten all of them?

All you have to do is change the water in the bag about every three days. I have found that this works best if you pour the new water into the bag and then bump the bag around to get all the dirtiness up off the bottom; then let the worms settle back to the bottom of the bag and hold that corner of the bag tightly in your hand and pour all the extra water out. Do that several times until all the water is clean. Then only leave a little water left in the bag and trap air in it and put it back in your fridge. My worms last for at least a month this way.

I use a small plastic tub. I think that makes it easier to dump out old water and replace.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back