The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Old 26th October 2006   #1
Gallery Images:

I bought them from a pet store today. I put the bag they came in, in the refrigerator. Do i have to add any food for them to eat ? What else do i have to do to keep them alive until my fire belly newt has eaten all of them?

Old 26th October 2006   #2
Gallery Images:

All you have to do is change the water in the bag about every three days. I have found that this works best if you pour the new water into the bag and then bump the bag around to get all the dirtiness up off the bottom; then let the worms settle back to the bottom of the bag and hold that corner of the bag tightly in your hand and pour all the extra water out. Do that several times until all the water is clean. Then only leave a little water left in the bag and trap air in it and put it back in your fridge. My worms last for at least a month this way.

Old 26th October 2006   #3
Gallery Images:

They are probably blackworms, not bloodworms. A lot of pet shops call them bloodworms, but if you compare them to frozen bloodworms you'll see what I mean. Complete care instructions are here:
See subheading: Keeping live blackworms alive

Old 26th October 2006   #4
Alison Brown
Prolific Member
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: ali has started on the right path

I use a small plastic tub. I think that makes it easier to dump out old water and replace.

ali is offline   Reply With Quote

alive, blood, bought, newt, worms

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 4 (Set)

jam87, ken1981, Paddon329, sms2256