The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Old 20th November 2005   #1
Gallery Images:

I was given 3 tiny orientalis.. and all have wounds on them.

One has open wound on inside part of tail. One has nose bite, and the third is missing a toe.. I am treating the wounds with Metafix??? I use sulfa blocks in my sick tanks.. I have had good success with those blocks..

They are set up in a large, see through rubbermaid sweater box, with TIGHT fitting lid...I fixed it so I can have small filter and airstone going, and not have them get out the holes.. Mostly water with gravel pushed upwards to allow newts to come out if they wish.

Anyone has good advice???

Old 21st November 2005   #2
Alison Brown
Prolific Member
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: ali has started on the right path

Billie, I have had good luck with Melafix. I use about 2/3 the recommended dosage, though.

ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2005   #3
Gallery Images:

check out the articals on salt baths too, they can help out a great deal if done properly.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 1 (Set)