Semi aquatic moss???

A

alex

i want moss for my land area that will creep into the water. However i do not want to use java moss, any suggestions would be great. Also if you could tell me where I could find it, that would also be appreciated.

Well, in my terraria, I use a combination of weeping, peacock, christmas, and taiwan moss. All of these are a beautiful deep green, and readily obtainable from online sources. It's often difficult to find them at your local fish store, but if you look on http://www.aquabid.com and type in "moss" under the search function, you can easily find any number of these (and even rarer mosses) going for a reasonable price.

what kind off moss is on your land area, and what are the growing requirements for it?

Actually, I have many types of mosses on my land area. The first type (and one of my favourites) is just live sphagnum moss. It likes higher humidity, wet soil, and bright light to flourish. I also have an unknown bryophyte (it looks like a cat-tail) along with golden club, taiwan, java, and christmas. These all pretty much like the same thing: lots o light, cooler growing temperatures, a constant source of humidity and/or water, and moist soil.

well i was hoping to find a moss that would grow directly on gravel? is there anything like that out there?

Taiwan, java, weeping, christmas (and pretty much any other type of epiphytic, semi-aquatic moss) will all grow healthily and rapidly on gravel, so long as they have access to the spray of a water feature or an effective (and nearly constant) source of humidity.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back