Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Help identify

S

samuel

what kind are these??
73655.jpg
i got 100 of em for $2.50

J

jennifer

They are some kind of compost worm (Eisenia or Dendrobena). Large caudates should like to eat them whole. If you cut these worms, they (may) have a foul smell, and some caudates may reject them. These worms are easy to grow yourself (and then you can get very small ones).

S

samuel

thanks jennifer i already start to culture them, so i wonrt have to buy them again, i asked aobut the size of the glass i cut, its that deep enough, ive being placing 3 every day for 3 days already, and im not shure if he eats them or they get out, he come close qhen i place them there, but havent seen him eating them, but he looks full stomach in the morning, guess hes eatin them.

B

blake

they look like redworms. my newts wont take reds, as they smell bad and are extremely active when being eaten.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1