How Rude...

S

stefanie

77683.jpg

As you can tell, this little guy has a lot of personality.

Here's a more innocent shot of him
77684.jpg

This is my other N.V.V. caught in the act of planning an escape route
77685.jpg

And like is buddy, looking innocent soon after
77686.jpg

hahaha! he is very funny in the first shot! And he has great colours

You have got to find the blueprints for their escape plan.

Is that its tongue in the first photo? If so, that was quite a lucky shot! Thanks for sharing.

Perfect timing, I've been trying to get a shot of mine doing that for months!

Yes, that shot was a lucky one! That is indeed his tongue.

Where did you get the N.v.v? I'm pretty sure they aren't native to B.C., but I've also heard rumors that they've been released into the area in the past and established themselves. Can you shine some light on their origin?

Nope they're not native here. I'm guessing they were shipped from the East because I bought them at pet store chain. Both BC locations carried them, and this chain is also located in Ontario and Quebec. Am I allowed to name the store here?

Origin of this species quoted from the caudata culture article: "This is the most common form in the pet trade and ranges from northeast Canada to the eastern Great Lakes and south through the Appalachians to Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia."
http://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Notophthalmus/N_viridescens.shtml

I have the saame ones there eastern red spotted newts right

Yes, that is a juvenile (terrestrial) red-spotted newt, Notophthalmus viridescens.

Great photo! Very lucky too... I have a hard time getting shots with their mouth open at all, much less that!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back