Mixing firebelly newts & mossy frogs

R

robin

I have one of the new MarineLand Water's Edge tanks (looks like a tree fell by the edge of a pond/river & has a waterfall). My newts are doing well (2 C. Pyrr, 1 C. Orient) in the water & one has started to climb around on the waterfall. I'd like to add some Vietnamese Mossy Tree Frogs to utilize the upper portion (they also utilize the water). Can I do this?

I understand the most conservative view says never mix anything, but I would like to take some calculated risks, if there's a reasonable chance that it would work. I'd like some well-informed opinions, please. :)

To my understanding, Theloderma corticale even occurs in the breeding pools of Paramesotriton deloustali in north Vietnam...

I'm no fan of combining species though, but I think it could work.

hEy, can I see a picture of that tank, from its description, ive been tryigng to find one like it
happy.gif

Hi Karl, I've removed the photo and replaced it with a link. For copyright reasons we can't post images that belong to others.
Cheers,

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back