Grey coloration in Cynops orientalis

H

heather

Hey guys,
I was walking through a store selling Cynops orientalis and saw that some of the newts had a greyish coloration. I know that there are fire bellied newts that have this color naturally but:

could they also get this color when they are sick??

i liked the color they were but i hesitated to buy one in case of illness. Can anyone answer my question?

Check out this thread, entitled "Grey orientalis":

http://www.caudata.org/forum/messages/13/8466.html

Here's a grey one of mine:

27563.jpg

Thanx Tim! great photos in that thread, and yours is perfectly healthy right??

maybe i will go down tot he store and get one of the grey males they have!!

Here's a different one:

67768.jpg

67769.jpg

(Message edited by tj on July 16, 2006)

I should note that this is a phase as the above newt was as black as the others when I got her. Still, that's not to say that all the others can also become like this. I simply don't know.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back