The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Fire-Belly & Sword-Tail Newts (Cynops & Hypselotriton) Perhaps the most famous and frequently bred newts in captivity, the fire-bellied newts and sword-tail newts are well known throughout the world as being excellent, gregarious captives.

Old 16th July 2003   #1
dixie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I have one CFB newt, about to get a 10 gal tank, but I need suggestions on substrate. I would like to get live plants, but not sure if plain aquarium rock would be sufficent for the plants. (do I need some form of 'dirt'/feritalizer??)

Plant suggestions would also be appreciated as well. (low light reqs would be great)

Old 16th July 2003   #2
coen

Gallery Images:
Comments:

java ferns ( I have these in my tanks ) seem to do very well on almost every substrate. I'd recommend larger gravel with some large stones and maybe a piece of mopani wood if they sell that there.

Old 16th July 2003   #3
Morg
(morg)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 1
Rep: morg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.org

As well as java fern try Anubias nana nana.
I have had an Anubias in one of my tanks which has no added lighting,for three years now and it is still going strong.
It can be attatched to driftwood,or planted in gravel
Another plant which can do well in low light is java moss.

www.punkradiocast.com/
morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2003   #4
caudata.org

Gallery Images:
Comments:

<font color="ff0000">This discussion was posted in the wrong topic and has been moved.</font>

Tags
housing, orientalis, proper

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 27th June 2018, 23:56 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.