Caution...GRAPHIC images of fire slamanders!!

P

paris

well yes these are graphic, but more in the realm of graphic art...this first one is the sign on my door of my shop-i am unit 'g' and i found this giant yellow plastic 'g' at a garage sale and thought it had possibilities..
12793.jpg

but seriously here i have some pics of my new male fire that has a very unusual pattern-you can see the zig zag pattern down his back
12794.jpg

here is a pic of one of my males flirting with one of my new females-who happened to give birth about an hour later..its amazing the style of flirtation is just like p.watls!-the male is on the bottom grabbing the females arms
12795.jpg

and here at last is a pic of a new born fire sal larva-they come out sometimes all curled up like this and have to break out of the egg sac, other times they just shoot out and swim away, i even had a few come right out and eat blackworms that were right there.
12796.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back