Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Lonely Taricha

E

edward

I think I will need to start looking for a couple of females to pair up with my male. When I went to feed him a piece of earthworm, he tried to clasp the tweezers....

Ed

D

danny

Im in the same boat as you Ed, tonight I got my first Taricha in 12 years. I will need to find him a female friend hopefully next spring!

ali

Reaction score
I had this problem too you guys! I have acquired a juvenile recently who is in quarantine. Unfortunately, I think it may be a male also.
sad.gif

J

joan

My male's still in quarantine (he also clasps the tweezers), but my females look full of eggs. S when he comes out at the end of the month... cross your fingers and keep your eyes on the wanted section!

D

david

Funny. As a kid I remember some of the Taricha newts I had years ago which clung to my fingers when I picked them up. It never occurred to me why they did this until now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!