Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ceeping Plethodon jordani

R

rené

Hi!

I worked in the Vivarium of Chemnitz with this nice species. Since this moment I'm very interested in keeping them at home. But I could find only few information about this nice animal. Do you know anything about them? Have you ever kept this animal at home? Do you know a source, where I could get a couple of them?
Thank you for all of your answers!

Bye

René

E

edward

I haven't kept them at home but I did have a small group for years at work. I got a couple of clutches from them but they were infertile.

Ed

R

rené

Hi Ed!

Thank you for the answer! Do you know, if these animal are protected by CITES or anything else?

I'll go to the Vivarium and ask on of my former colleagues, from where they got this one Plethodon jordani. They keep it together with Eurycea lucifuga in one tank... Maybe they know a source, where i can get one of them.

But, if anyone else knows anything about these animal, please, write it down here. Thank you.

bye

René

R

russ

They may be collected in some states and are rather common in the right habitat.

W

william

only problem is that you'd need to find a way of getting them over to Europe.

R

rené

Hallo William!

Yes, the next problem is, how to get them over to me. So my hope was to find someone in Europe, who is keeping and maybe breeding these animals. But there seems to be nobody, who has got them at home. Maybe there will be a chance for me, maybe not today but in the next years, to get them.
I'm young. I've so many time to get these animals... So I will have a little bit more time to collect all information I can get about them.

Thank you for all your answers.

Bye

René

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1