Aneides

R

russ

Who all out there is working with Aneides? I'm looking for people interested in working with some CB Aneides lugubris. These are the ones I originally had for sale here. But after some further thought, I decided I had put too much work into these animals to just go to the highest bidder.

RUSS

well, my friend dave loves lugubris. he has been debating on getting a small colony to breed. i believe once he sees one, he will want to. lol. dont you have aneides aeneus that bred for you??

I have one gravid A.aeneus, my fingers are crossed. Though I'll most likely retain all of the first clutch because my colony of that locale is so small (1.1.2).

I have at least one gravid A.vagrans but with the flavs I can't tell. They're the only Aneides that I can't see the eggs through their abdomens, so I just keep checking.

The lugubris are from Seaside (Monterey). I have at least one female from that locale gravid this season. I figure if I can disperse a couple of unsexed pairs from last year's clutch and match them up with a couple from this year's we would be headed down the right road.

I'll drop you guys a note.

RUSS

Sorry for the slow response (or none at all). I'm in Atlanta and just found out they're migrating my server while I'm gone so I have no e-mail capabilities.

RUSS

No problem Russ. =) Do you have any instant messaging program you can use? I have a few questions for you on the Aneides. I am interested in possibly getting some.

Nope, too techy. I have a temp fix if you want to resend you message.

RUSS

Up this morning, down this afternoon. What can I say, it's a government system. LOL!

RUSS

Haha! I understand. =P So I am assuming you didn't get my last e-mail, again.
dizzy.gif
You need a hotmail acct Russ. hehe

russ
-im keeping my fingers crossed too - my female has gotten quite plump in the last month (i will post comparison pics next week-spring break is a time to catch up on photography projects). if she does lay this year it will mean she is probably a biannual breeder since she laid for me 2 years ago (but this time i have a camera!) bummer is i have 2.1 adults and 3 offspring from her i kept from the last batch-so im going to hope one of her offspring is a female so i can pair it up with the lone male for some genetic diversity. if all goes well we could do a baby swap...
smile.gif

I had worked with A.lugubris and A.flavipunctatus but did not keep them long enough to try and breed them,I gave mine to a friend who did breed the A.lugubris.Without giving exact location,my A.lugubris were from san mateo county,CA.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back