Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ambytoma literature

M

markus

Hi all,

I would be in search of the following Ambystoma lit. perhaps anyone can help me out with some of them, pdf or scans would be great, thanks!

Gehlbach, F.R. 1966. Types and type-localities of some taxa in the synonymy of Ambystoma tigrinum (Green). Copeia, 1966(4): 881-882.

Humphrey, R.R. 1967. Albino axolotls from an albino tiger salamander through hybridization. J. Heredity, 58: 95-101.

Jones, T.R., J.P. Collins, T.D. Kocher & J.B. Mitton. 1988. Systematic status and distribution of Ambystoma tigrinum stebbinsi Lowe (Amphibia: Caudata). Copeia, 1988: 621-635.

Morris, M.A. 1985. A Hybrid Ambystoma platineum x A. tigrinum from Indiana. Herpetologica, 41(3): 267-271.

Black, J.H. & J.T. Collins. 1977. An Albino Ambystoma tigrinum mavortium from Kansas. Herpetol. Rev., 8(1): 5.

Collins, J.P. 1981. Distribution, habitats, and life history variation in the tiger salamander, Ambystoma tigrinum, in east-central and southeast Arizona. Copeia 1981(3):666-675.

Collins, J.P., J.B. Mitton, and B.A. Pierce. 1980. Ambystoma tigrinum: a multispecies conglomerate? Copeia 1980(4):938-941.

Jones, T.R., J.P. Collins, T.D. Kocher, and J.B. Mitton. 1988. Systematic status and distribution of Ambystoma tigrinum stebbinsi Lowe. Copeia 1988(3):621-635.

Jones, T.R., E.J. Routman, D.J. Begun, and J.P. Collins. 1995. Ancestry of an isolated subspecies of salamander, Ambystoma tigrinum stebbinsi Lowe: The evolutionary
significance of hybridization. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution. 4:194-202.

Lowe, C.H. 1954. A new salamander (Genus Ambystoma) from Arizona. Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. 67:243-246.

Stebbins, R.C. 1985. A field guide to western reptiles and amphibians. Second edition, revised. Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, Massachusetts. pp. 34-36.

Church SA, Kraus JM, Mitchell JC, Church DR, Taylor DR (2003): Evidence for multiple Pleistocene refugia in the postglacial
expansion of the eastern tiger salamander, Ambystoma tigrinum tigrinum. Evolution, 57, 372–383.

Collins JP, Mitton JB, Pierce BA (1980) Ambystoma tigrinum:a multispecies conglomerate? Copeia, 1980, 938–941.

Dunn ER (1940) The races of Ambystoma tigrinum. Copeia, 1940,154–162.

Templeton AR, Routman E, Phillips CA (1995) Separating population structure from population history: a cladistic analysis
of the geographical distribution of mitochondrial DNA haplotypes in the tiger salamander, Ambystoma tigrinum. Genetics, 140, 767–782.

Spear SF, Peterson CR, Matocq MD, Storfer A (2005) Landscape genetics of the blotched tiger salamander (Ambystoma tigrinum melanostictum). Mol. Ecol., 14, 2553–2564.

HANSEN, R. W., AND R. L. TREMPER. 1979. Notes on Ambystoma tigrinum from Sonora, Mexico. Bull. Maryland. Herpetol. Soc. 15:22–24.

Routmann, E. (1993): Population structure and genetic diversity of metamorphic and paedomorphic populations of the tiger salamander, Ambystoma tigrinum. Journal of Evolutionary Biology 6: 329-357

Shaffer, H.B. (1983): Biosystematics of Ambystoma rosaceum and A.tigrinum in northwestern Mexico. Copei 1983: 67-78

Highton (2000 Detecting Cryptic Species Using Allozyme Data. Pp. 215-241 (p.221 of interest). In Bruce, Jaeger and Houck (editors). The Biology of Plethodontid Salamanders. Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, New York. xiii + 485 pp.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1