Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Local tiger update

P

paris

here is some updated stuff about my local-colorado springs-tigers, this region is that of a intergrade between barred and blotched tigers. their 55 gallon tank was a weed garden-it was hard to spot one. look real hard and you can see one in the bottom middle left-ish part of the tank
28321.jpg

ive cleaned it out-put in a few wood barriers to create a terraced set up
28322.jpg

its a bit dirty until the plants grow back a bit and the dirt gets compacted-so some of these guys are gritty little dirt monsters
28323.jpg

surprisingly i got a real good photo through all this scratched glass
28324.jpg

when i dug them all up i decided to take their photos so to get an idea on the spectrum they cover on patterns
28325.jpg

P

paris

if you notice-a few of the males in the above photos have very spatulate tails for tiger-they were camped out in the small water basin (its a planter) and seem to be ready for spring -so i rounded up my prettiest male and 3 bold females-all of the blotched pattern and have these set aside to put into an aquatic set up-lets see if i can produce anything-as you can see by the photos-the females may be gravid..we'll see.....
28329.jpg

28330.jpg

P

paris

here is one photo i forgot for the beginning post-its another image of the spectrum i get around here

28333.jpg

W

william

Nice setup. Wish I had some tigers. How many do you have I think I counted 8.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1