Brain tumour??

K

keli

my axie neville has a lump in the centre of his head which appeared quite quickly. i hand fed him tonight and the lump on his head popped like a spot and bled slightly when he took a mouthful of food. it looks like there is a piece of loose skin poking out of the wound. i am really worried about it as im thinking it might be a tumor? keli xx

Keli, this sounds very dramatic. Can you take your axie to a herp vet? If you phone around you should find one. If I remember correctly there is a list of vets somewhere on caudata. Sorry I don't have time right now to find the link. Can someone else find it and post it?

thanks mikki. i went to see someone were i got him from 2day and he recomended melafix to clear up any infection il give that a go and see if hes any better in a few days wot do u think?

(Message edited by keli on October 21, 2004)

Not sure, I think Melafix will be ok as long as it's only a skin infection. I haven't used melafix or been able to come across any yet. Does anyone else know what it's good for?

If you feel its only a skin infection try a 10 min salt bath for next few days. I use the quantity of salt that would go into Holtfreters solution.

there isnt any fungus and theres no lumps anywhere else he seems a little more like himself now but hes off his food still. he seems reli thin aswel.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back