Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axie with worm thing under gills?

N

natasha

Does anyone know what is on my axie? It actually looks like a bloodworm (which I have been feeding her but they are frozen) sticking our below her bottom smallest gill, it is sticking out there like an extra gill or something, I tried to gently see if it would come off incase it was just a piece of food there but it appears to be stuck, she seems happy and normal, any ideas? I have one axie in a 2ft tank, no live plants and a fluval (I think that's how you spell it) internal filter. PH neutral and no ammonia in the tank doing 20% weekly water changes.

K

katy

is she in the tank alone? any other axies or fish? sounds to me like it might be an injured feather on her gill - mine had this when the gill was bitten lightly by my other axie. have you got a pic?

B

bleh

egads, that sounds like an anchor worm to me, when ive noticed any worms in the feathers or in underneath the gills they have been darker in color. sorry im a bit paranoid about anchor worms lately, haha. id have to see a picture, i hope its not anchor worms cause they are a pain in the a$$! ;P

N

natasha

It has dissapeared, must of been a blood worm floating in the tank that got stuck there, I am paranoid!!

A

anne-marie

Natasha, I have had that happen too. Guess they're saving something for a midnight snack.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!