My Axies almost did it!!!

T

teesha

I walked in this morning to my living room adn poked my head over to the "substitute" tank. (its tiny). To cut a long story short. Tank leaked....moved into small tiny tank while being fixed....got new axie ( i no, stoopid)......SPERMATOPHORE?!?!?!
So basically yeh. I don't think she took any coz its a bare bottom and it says it has to be stationary. So in about 2 days my tank will have cured and they'll be home finally!!! How long till he makes more spermatophore??
Can u guys give me some advice on pre mating, mateing, and the eggs. Like do i take the eggs out as soon as i see them? air stone? do i change egg water? with axie tank water or fresh? what should be in the breeding tank? ect. So u can start me off to a good start so i know what im doing!!! Thanx!!

i went to axolotl.org ( as advised here) and there is a good section on breeding etc- our axie girl ( who we thought was the boy) has just laid eggs!!

yeh ive read that site but i want more personal oppinions, btw she still hasn't laid eggs, but that's cool coz i'd rather she do it in the big tank!
Is it ok if i keep some eggs in those plastic hatchery thingies you cann put in the main tank, so they wont be able to eat them but they still get oxygenation from their pump? coz i dont wanna put all my eggs in one basket...or place?? lol

heres a pic of the old spermatophores and my female, do u recon she's full of eggs. These were taken about a week and a half ago, she's about the same weight still.
69085.jpg

69086.jpg

69087.jpg

thats the current tank. above

69088.jpg
this is the daphnia in my pond, they are about a mm long. and green, are these suitable???
69089.jpg

69090.jpg
this is her about 2-3 days ago.
this is the happy couple!

69091.jpg

and here is spots/spot/spotty!!! that man who put out!!! (which is good). How long will it take till he makes sperm again? 2-3 weeks to months???

69092.jpg

69093.jpg

and here are the white wormies which since moving them to a bigger tank have depleted in number rapidy. i have made the choice of putting small feeder fish in the tank to take care of this ( my friend has fish and only in hard to reach places can this worm survive!!! yay) i think its planaria actualy??
well there u go thought id show ya some pretty pix. I am very soon to be makeing my tank pretty, anyone got n e idea of how to wash off the oil paint from the outside of the tank? we tried turps to no avail!!! Thanx y'all
btw im really sorry my cam has low megapixels!!!!

Ok guys, this is freaky. I spotted my spot ...doing something...to himself.....i don't know what...but it doesn't look....innocent???

he did it straight after a water change, and no spermatophore resulted...so i dunno what, maybe he was consitipated!?
69662.jpg

what do u guys recon???? lol...this is weird!
69663.jpg

Probably had an itch. I'm not seeing what's 'freaky' about it.

mine does it all the time.
Do male ones generally have more head width than body width? i just noticed the top view of yours, and im starting to think mine is a female. He could just be fat...
Damn I wish i had a usb chord thingy... i could send pics from my phone.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>Quoting g on Friday 01 September 2006 - 05:35 (#POST104977):</font>

i could send pics from my phone<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

G, if your phone takes pictures and you can send text then you can send a picture to your email addy rather than phone no. and upload it that way if you can - image might not be the greatest tho. I do this all the time when my camera's playing up.

nah i think mine was only a few days after the pet shop adn he was skinny, now he's alittle fatter, probably equal to head width.... but if you feed him heaps, its probably just food in there not eggs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back