OMG! Please tell me these aren't spermatophore!

C

casey

Uh Oh!

I have a feeling I may need to make a name change!

I think these might be spermatophore. I was unsure as up close and in real life they don't look like what the pics of them do - cos they look furry and like balls of fungus, but when I took a pic, they kind of look more like they do in the pics.

Please tell me that they're not spermatophores but something else - I'm not ready to be a grandmother!

And the problem is, neither of my "girls" have swollen cloacas! They're both supposed to be female! Arghh!

48830.jpg

48831.jpg

48832.jpg

If you are talking about those jelly like balls on the floor then they are not spermathores from an axie. The axie has a cone liek struture with the sperm at the tip. The cone is a jelly substance.

It looks like a snails eggs but they usualy lay them(or mine do) on the glass above the water.

Thanks Stipe, I didn't think they looked like cones, but I don't have any snails.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions? Is it maybe a different type of axie poo or maybe some mouldy food that I may not have picked up?

Yeh im with Jennifer. It looks alot like blocks of food thats been left in the tank - if you remove the uneaten food, it could have been thrown up by the axies. As rotten as it sounds, my axies have vomited before. Ive seen small blocks of beef heart turn into that furry looking stuff.

Great! Thanks guys - there was a tiny bit of beef heart that I couldn't get because it was too little, and also a couple of pellets.

I guess I'll have to be more diligent with the removal of uneaten food.

As long as it's not spermatophore, I'm happy!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back