Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Bonzi Sand

J

jason

Hi

Does anyone know where to get bonzi sand from in the uk, i really like the glow it gives off.

i have emailed a few companies but i have had no luck just wanting to know if anyone else managed to get some or is using it.

For the time been i have settled for play pit sand and have been boiling it all day what a job. Next time i will just buy sand ready to go
angry.gif

J

joanne

Try a google search for sand from a company called 'Tuscan Paths' and you will find their site which if I remember correctly, has a list of stockists of their product worldwide. They sell sand meant for bonsai and craft projects but with minimal rinsing/washing its great for aquariums too. I use it and so do a few other people who visit this forum. They have various colours, black, white, purple, yellow etc.

Unfortunately no sand is really "ready to go" and should always be rinsed thoroughly before adding it to any aquarium. Obviously some sands are better than others and I found the sand from Tuscan Paths rinsed clean easily and settled when added to my tank really quickly. Here's a picture of one of my tanks that has the white bonsai sand as substrate . . .

66014.jpg

J

jason

Thats wicked thats the glow im looking for, thanks for the company name

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!