The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Old 3rd June 2006   #1
jason

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hi

Does anyone know where to get bonzi sand from in the uk, i really like the glow it gives off.

i have emailed a few companies but i have had no luck just wanting to know if anyone else managed to get some or is using it.

For the time been i have settled for play pit sand and have been boiling it all day what a job. Next time i will just buy sand ready to go Click the image to open in full size.

Old 5th June 2006   #2
joanne

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Try a google search for sand from a company called 'Tuscan Paths' and you will find their site which if I remember correctly, has a list of stockists of their product worldwide. They sell sand meant for bonsai and craft projects but with minimal rinsing/washing its great for aquariums too. I use it and so do a few other people who visit this forum. They have various colours, black, white, purple, yellow etc.

Unfortunately no sand is really "ready to go" and should always be rinsed thoroughly before adding it to any aquarium. Obviously some sands are better than others and I found the sand from Tuscan Paths rinsed clean easily and settled when added to my tank really quickly. Here's a picture of one of my tanks that has the white bonsai sand as substrate . . .

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 5th June 2006   #3
jason

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Thats wicked thats the glow im looking for, thanks for the company name

Tags
bonzi, sand

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 4th March 2018, 22:54 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.