The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl tank set-ups, filters, substrate Discussions on tanks, temperature, filters, gravel, lights etc.

Old 29th January 2006   #1
casey

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I'm looking into getting more plants for my tank to lower nitrates but I think I might need some liquid fertilizer also.

Which brands of liquid fertilizer are okay to use in axie tanks?

Also, which plants are easiest to keep or the most hardy?

Old 30th January 2006   #2
joan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

If you're using plants to lower nitrates, then using liquid fertilizer would be counter-productive (as they tend to be nitrate based).

Your axolotls will provide all the fertilizer you need.

Old 30th January 2006   #3
casey

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I usually remove their poo so should I leave it in instead? or move it to where the plants are?

Old 30th January 2006   #4
sharn

Gallery Images:
Comments:

id say move it where the plants are for a more concentrate nitrate.. never had any experience with such things so thats just my logic

Old 30th January 2006   #5
stipe

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I dont find problems with my nitrates, and i use both liquid adn tablet, not to mention the CO2 reacter.

I would most recomend 'Flourish', you'll find it in pet stores across australia. YOu mabey wont find it in small pet shops like the ones you'll see in shopping centres but all good aquaium retailers would have it. THe bottle is basicly green, well the pictures on the bottle, are they are beautiful, green plants. Hope that helps you.

Tags
fertilizer, liquid, plants

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 9 (Set)

donpool, GAMudkipz, GeorgeAquatics, kaborn, ngphoenix, Orange Juice, pookiewn, swooping