My tank setup.

D

danny

Some Pictures of my tank.
74874.jpg

74875.jpg

Naturally I'll bury the air hose and maybe move the stone to another spot. It's only there to test the airflow of my new air pump.

It's still cycling, but I've decided to put everything in place, because the guy I'm getting my axies from doesn't want to keep them in his shop for christmas etc. so I have to go get them when they arrive there.

I have a spare tank that I'm setting up to be a temporary home for them, in case the ammonia and nitrite levels are way too high. (currently the ammonia value is almost frightning.. 1.5mg/l is a sure way to kill them within a week..)

The spare tank is only 40*20*30, way too small for 2 axies to be in for very long. Should I put a separator in there to make sure they don't eat eachother from the stress and lack of space?

(Message edited by damien on December 17, 2006)

As long as they're approximately same size they should be ok, otherwise just keep an eye on them.

Gosh, love the light coloured sand, very hard to workout our wildtypes on the dark sand we have some days! Our petshops only sell very small packets of some type of coloured sand that's quite expensive and I haven't yet been able to find a lighter coloured sand in my area of New Zealand.

With sand that deep would you have any problems with anerobic (excuse spelling) spots? I have just up-graded to sand and the whole dead spot thing scares me and my axie's!

Regards Eastern_axle

I've no idea if the sand is thick enough to actually have no oxigen in it..
but if people can confirm that this kind of layer is dangerous, I'd gladly remove some of it.. (I need some for my shrimp tank anyways :p)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back