Setup's

K

kim

Hi everyone in axie land!

I thought it would be good if everyone posts there pictures of there setup.. instead of saying mine are here, and mine is there.

So here goes, and i hope people join me... i think its nice to compare and look at others setup and tanks
happy.gif

25620.jpg

25621.jpg

One is with and one is without the flash, and dont worry Jynx isnt stuck she barged the pipes out the way to get there, and Crumble is being photo shy today :p

Here's mine how it looked in the beginning, and as it is now:

21014.jpg

(Message edited by trip on November 03, 2004)

Here's mine, although it changes daily. The pothos is no longer in there. And I made the baffle longer, so it flows more in the middle of the tank. I got tired of the horwort getting tangled up under the output. It also helps to move the water around more, so less water sits stagnant in the corners. I also took the 'hotel' and split it into two parts, one on either side of the tank.

25698.jpg

Kaise how big is your tank if it is a tank. it look like some kind of plastic storage box...
Are you sucessful in keeping your axolotl in there....can you observe him from the side...or only from the top

what is that blue type of decking you have there kaysie very interested cause im upsizing very soon getting ideas for what is best for them

Here's mine...sorry about the tininess of the pics

41120.jpg

41121.jpg

41122.jpg

Elsa posing when she realized the camera was out!
biggrin.gif

41123.jpg

(Message edited by planth2o on August 10, 2005)

are you sure you want those goldies in there dont they nip at their gills? nice tanks all

Here's a pic of my set up with the guppies in it. This is a new tank they'll be going into. Still going through changes though. They have a cool new house that isn't in the picture that I made myself and I'll get pics up of it soon.
41989.jpg

42005.jpg

bad angle, but this is my tank with out the root since the root turned out to be bad for fish tanks. I also made the rock house for my axies ^_^ I'll get better picks soon. I just have to remember lol.

ok so here it finally is. i still have rocks to put in and stuff so its not completely finished.lol.its just over 3ft in length and im not sure on the other measurements, but its big.lol.it has a built in filter which is on the right hand side. and ive put an air curtain tube at the back which i think looks cool! lol.

42814.jpg

42815.jpg

Heres my setup, I havent got any pipes yet but judging by everyone elses set up they are necessary for a happy axie!
proud.gif
. Hes got a guppy for a friend but he doesnt bother him - and he hasnt decided to eat him either! Hes also got some river shrimps in at the moment as he seems to like to eat them, although see my post in the Axi gallery to see revenge of the live prey!
42834.jpg

Love your set-up Kari - looks really natural and clean
happy.gif

my new tank setup
43042.jpg
43043.jpg
43044.jpg
43045.jpg

i got 3 axies, 1 albino i have had for nearly a year, a black one which i have added in the last month or so, and a large female albino shown under the rock which i acquired in the last 1-2 weeks

um i hate to dissapoint u but if u mean the axie in the pic at the bottom well i dont think she is an albino as she has black eyes.

arr..ye sorri about dat lol got a bit confused, thanx 4 telling me

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back