Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

The rock tank new pics

J

jon

some new pics of my axies
45730.jpg

45731.jpg

45732.jpg

45733.jpg

45734.jpg

45735.jpg

as always any and all comments are very welcome!

J

jordan

Wow those babies are so cute! I'm going to have to get some like that! Your tank looks awesome by the way.

H

hayley-jane

They're so cute! Look how little!

They must be in their element with all that space
happy.gif

J

jordan

They look like a little group out searching for food in the pictures as they are all together. They must really love one another if they stay that close together all the time. By the way, sorry for posting again so quickly i just forgot to add this last part.
dizzy.gif

A

apryl

Cool!It looks like Bedrock,half expect to see a Flintstones car shuffling through,lol
smile9.gif

J

jon

apryl:
i like that!! if the 2 without names turn out to be a boy and a girl ill call them FRED n WILMA
lol.gif
and if their both boys its gotta be FRED n BARNEY
lol.gif
lol.gif

jordan:
you can edit posts for up2 2 hours on this site?
just to the right of the date are some icons the first(notepad with pencil) is the edit feature
just so you know?
oh and they've just feed in the pics so your spot on about the hunting
lol.gif
lol.gif

hali:
how big is stella n how old is she?
she looks quite large in your activar!!

alien.gif
i personally would like to think that it looks like a scene from mars or some strange alien planet
lol.gif
alien.gif

(Message edited by bernyone on October 22, 2005)

R

rheann

Again Jon with the pictures of the lovely set-up
happy.gif

I love that purple sand! I want some! I'll have to think about it.

I am going to get started soon on the rock background project.
happy.gif

Have to make room for 4 adult Axolotls and two babies who will join them later.

J

jordan

ok thanks Jon. i didn't know we could edit so i of course had to make another post
dizzy.gif
. I knew it looked like they were in a hunting group.
lol.gif
lol.gif
. O by the way, what do they eat, bloodworms?

(Message edited by axolotlboy21 on October 24, 2005)

H

hayley-jane

How come you chose to have 3 leucistics instead of a mixture?
famous.gif

J

jon

hayley-jane:
these were the only surviors of the shipment my lfs (rescued) got and id never seen them before!
was gonna get a mix but could'nt scorce any and the other 2 just sat in the shops plant tank?
i also thought that my first(unnamed at the mo?) was getting lonely in that "big ol tank" all own his own so i got another 1(spot,its got a black dot in the middle of his tail!)! 2 weeks went by and the third 1 was still all own its own and so small compared to the 1s i had that i just had to bring it home(also unnamed at the mo!)!

jordan
they eat frozen bloodworm every other day! and a couple of big fat meal worms 1-2 a week as a treat when i can get them?

hayley
their all between 100-120mm(in the bottom pic) the biggest is the one at the bottom left got that 1 first, spot is in the middle at the back, and the newest/smallest is the 1 on the right(its legs & arms are tiny, really tiny)

soon as i can sex them ill be able to name them propley so for now its axie 1, axie 2, n spot(but not necessarly in that order
lol.gif
)

(Message edited by bernyone on October 25, 2005)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1